Potato Pesto Linguine with Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- 3 cups fresh basil leaves
- 4 cloves garlic
- ¾ c grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1 pound baby potatoes
- 2 cups halved brussels sprouts
- 8 oz linguine pasta
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup finely diced red pepper
- Fresh basil and Parmesan for garnishing
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Place the basil leaves, garlic, Parmesan and pine nuts in a food processor or blender.
3. Turn on high and drizzle ½ cup Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil in slowly until it emulsifies.
4. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the potatoes for about 20 minutes or until they can be pierced easily with a knife. Drain and let cool.
5. Place the brussels sprouts on a baking tray and drizzle with the remaining two tablespoons extra virgin olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Roast in the oven for about 15-20 minutes.
7. Cook the pasta as per the instructions on the package. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
8. Cut the potatoes in half and add to the pasta along with the brussels sprouts and red pepper.
9. Add some of your pesto sauce and toss well. Add more if you prefer.
10. Garnish with grated Parmesan cheese and basil on top.
Author: Foodness Gracious
A fresh tasting easy pasta salad with potatoes and roasted Brussels sprouts. Tossed in a pesto dressing and covered in grated Parmesan cheese.
Note: If you prefer this pasta warm, add a small amount of cream and heat it gently in a pan covered with a lid for about 5 minutes.