Purple Cauliflower Steak with Kefir Sauce
For the cauliflower:
- 2 purple cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
For the sauce:
- 1 cup plain kefir
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Pinch of salt
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
For the grill:
- Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray
1. Trim the ends of the cauliflower and remove the leaves. Cut 2 (1-inch) steaks from the center part of each cauliflower (you will have 2 steaks per cauliflower).
2. In a small mixing bowl, whisk Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, salt, ginger, turmeric and cumin. Brush mixture on each side of the cauliflower.
3. Bring outdoor grill to medium heat. Spray with Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray. Place the 2 cauliflower steaks on grill and cook for 6 minutes per side.
4. Make the sauce: place kefir, cilantro, a pinch of salt, lime zest and juice in a small food processor. Pulse a few times until all ingredients are combined.
5. To serve, plate cauliflower steaks and drizzle with kefir sauce.