Roasted Spring Vegetable Farro Bowls With Thai Green Curry Pesto
- 1 1/2 cup farro
- 3 cups water
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp. Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1” pieces
- 2 zucchinis, trimmed, quartered lengthwise and cut into 1/2”
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella pearls
For the dressing:
- 3 cups loosely packed basil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp. pine nuts
- 2 Tbsp. Thai green curry paste
- 2 Tbsp. Pompeian Organic Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/3 cup Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt & black pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400*F.
2. In a medium pot, combine the farro, water and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer until farro is cooked through and water has evaporated, about 20 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
3. Toss together the Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil, asparagus and zucchini in a large bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste. Spread on a parchment-lined baking sheet and roast for 15-20 minutes, or until tender and starting to brown. Remove from oven.
4. In a large salad bowl, toss together the cooked farro, roasted vegetables, cherry tomatoes and mozzarella.
5. To make the dressing, combine the basil, garlic, pine nuts and green curry paste in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until broken down into tiny pieces. With the mixture running, stream in the Pompeian Organic Red Wine Vinegar and the Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Add salt and black pepper to taste.
6. Toss the salad with the dressing and serve warm or at room temperature.
Author: Eats Well With Others
This Roasted Spring Vegetable Farro Bowl with Thai Curry Pesto recipe is packed with beautiful diverse vegetables combined with caprese flavors and hint of Thai influence.