Shawarma Spiced Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
- Juice of 2 lemons
- ½ cup Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 cloves garlic, smashed and minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Aleppo pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large head of cauliflower, broken into small florets
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 small red onions, quartered
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved lengthwise, about 1 ½ to 2 pounds
- 1 whole lemon, halved for roasting on pan
- Optional Garnishes: cilantro or micro green cilantro, crumbled feta, sliced green onions
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a 13” x 18” baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the lemon juice, Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil, garlic, salt, pepper, cumin, coriander, paprika, turmeric, Aleppo pepper flakes and cinnamon. Whisk to combine. Divide the marinade into 2 bowls.
- Add the chicken to the first bowl, turning to coat each piece in the marinade. Set aside.
- Add the cauliflower florets and chickpeas to the second bowl, turning the ingredients together with a large spoon or tongs until all of the vegetables are coated.
- Arrange the chicken on the sheet pan first, spooning any remaining marinade from the bowl on top of the pieces of chicken. Next, add the seasoned cauliflower and chickpeas to the pan around the chicken. Layer in the onion quarters and place the 2 lemon halves, cut side down on the pan, one near the top and one near the bottom.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the chicken reaches 165°F and the vegetables are tender.
- To serve, squeeze the roasted lemon halves over the chicken and vegetables then garnish with desired toppings. Serve immediately.
Author: This Mess is Ours