Skewered Shrimp with Black Bean-Lemon Rice
- 3/4 cup Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Pompeian Red Wine Vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
- 24 large raw, headless, peeled shrimp, with tails on (about 1 pound)
- 24 cherry tomatoes
- 24 whole green onions, trimmed to 6 inches in length
- 2 poblano chili peppers, seeded and cut into 24 pieces
- 8 12-inch bamboo skewers, soaked in water
- 3 cups hot cooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 7 oz. canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 tsp. grated lemon zest
Whisk marinade ingredients in a small bowl. Reserve 1/2 cup of the mixture in a separate bowl and set aside. Place shrimp in a resealable plastic bag, pour marinade over shrimp, seal tightly and coat well. Refrigerate 30 minutes, turning frequently.
Remove shrimp from marinade (reserving marinade). Place shrimp on skewers, alternating with the tomatoes, chilies, and onions (folded in half).
Preheat grill on high heat. Brush skewers with reserved marinade and cook 4-5 minutes on each side or until shrimp are opaque in center.
Place the remaining marinade in a small saucepan on the grill to heat slightly. Toss the rice with the black beans, cilantro, and lemon zest.
To serve, top rice with skewers and spoon the remaining marinade over skewers.