Spicy Honey Roasted Cornish Hen
- 1 cornish hen
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 toothpicks
- 1 tablespoon Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 tablespoon sambal oelek
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Rinse and pat dry the cornish hen. Make sure the cavity is dry. Add the garlic inside the cavity. Close the cavity by using 3 toothpicks.
- In a small bowl, add the Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, honey, sambal oelek and salt together. Stir to mix well.
- Brush the mixture on the surface of the cornish hen evenly. Place it on a roasting pan (at the lower rack) and roast for 30 minutes or until the surface turns nicely brown (You may cover the Cornish Hen with aluminum foil to avoid burning). Turn the other side of the hen and roast for another 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve immediately.