Spicy Mustard Chicken Kabobs
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 lb. raw boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tbsp. Pompeian White Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. each salt and black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tbsp. Pompeian OlivExtra Premium Mediterranean Blend
- 5 tbsp. spicy brown mustard
- To make the sauce, place 3 tbsp. mustard in a medium bowl. Add oil and garlic powder, and whisk until uniform. Cover and refrigerate.
- To make the marinade, in a small bowl, combine vinegar with remaining 2 tbsp. mustard. Stir until uniform.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Place chicken and marinade in a large sealable plastic bag. Remove as much air as possible and seal. Gently knead marinade into chicken through the bag. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, if using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 20 minutes to prevent burning. (You'll need four.)
- Alternately thread marinated chicken and onion chunks onto four skewers.
- Bring a grill to medium-high heat.
- Brush both sides of the kebabs with the sauce. Grill kebabs for 5 minutes with the grill cover down.
- Flip kebabs and grill with the cover down for 6 - 8 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Enjoy!
Nutritional Information 1/4th of recipe (1 kebab): 215 calories, 8.5g fat, 460mg sodium, 4g carbs, 0.5g fiber, 2g sugars, 26.5g protein