Stove Top Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Pompeian Organic Balsamic Vinegar
- 6 ounces elbow macaroni (or any short pasta)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 (12-ounce) can fat free evaporated milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Steam cauliflower: place cauliflower florets in a microwavable bowl with 1 tablspoon water. Cook on high in microwave for 3 to 4 minutes, or until tender. (Note: cook time may vary depending on your microwave).
- Heat Pompeian Extra Smooth Virgin Olive Oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high. Add onions and cook until softened (5 to 7 minutes). Reduce heat to medium, add garlic during last minute and cook until fragrant. Stir in cauliflower and balsamic vinegar, reduce heat to low.
- Meanwhile, in a large sauce pan, cook pasta according to package directions, drain and put back in the sauce pan over medium-low heat. Add cheese and milk, stirring frequently, until smooth and then quickly stir in egg. Last, add cauliflower mixture, stirring to combine and serve!
Author: Alida's Kitchen
Stove Top Cauliflower Mac and Cheese is the epitome of cheesy, delicious comfort food made healthier using cauliflower in place of half of the pasta...all in under 30 minutes!