Tandoori Chicken Naan Flatbread
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- ¼ cup Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 tablespoon gram masala
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 ½ pound boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 4 naan breads
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- ½ small red onion
- Cilantro for garnish
- Combine yogurt, Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil, cumin, coriander, gram masala, turmeric, 3 cloves chopped garlic, ginger, and salt in a large bowl. Whisk the until well combined. Place ricotta cheese in a fine mesh strainer and let sit for an hour.
- Cut the chicken thighs into 1-inch dice. Place the chicken in a large resealable plastic bag. Pour yogurt marinade over the chicken. Seal the bag and toss the chicken in the bag until evenly coated with marinade. Refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour or overnight.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches cook the chicken in the skillet until cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- Heat oven to 400°F. Place naan bread on a large baking sheet. Brush naan with Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil and gently rub with a clove of garlic. Top with strained ricotta, chicken, peppers, and red onion. Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes, until the bread is toasted and toppings are hot.
- Sprinkle with cilantro leaves and enjoy.
Author: The Noshery