Thinly Sliced Ribeye with Mushroom Carpaccio
- 16 ounces ribeye steak
- 1 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 6-8 Button and baby Portobello mushrooms
- Zest and juice of 1/2 Meyer lemon
- 4 tablespoons Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt + crushed black pepper
- Grated parmesan or pecorino cheese
- Set grill to medium-high heat. Rub steak with salt, pepper and nutmeg and lay on hot grill.
- Cook 4-6 minutes each.
- Remove steak from grill and let it sit for 5-10 minutes before slicing into 4, 4 ounce pieces.
- Thinly slice mushrooms and drizzle with Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper and add to a hot pan.
- Remove pan from the stove. Divide mushrooms into four servings and place on top of each 4 ounce steak.
- Sprinkle with parsley, garlic, and cheese if desired.
Author: The Daley Plate