Weeknight Lentil Bowls with Zucchini Ragout and Basil Vinaigrette
For the lentils
- 1 1/2 cups green lentils
- 2 tbsp. Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 medium zucchinis, diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups diced cherry tomatoes
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 8 oz. fresh ricotta
For the basil vinaigrette
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. Pompeian Organic Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- salt, black pepper, and red flakes, to taste
- First, cook the lentils. Place them in a medium pot and cover with water. Add a large pinch of salt to the pot and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until lentils are tender, about 25 - 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the ragout. Heat the Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the zucchini, onion, salt and black pepper. Sauté until the zucchini and onion are tender and starting to brown, about 10 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute more. Remove from the heat and stir in the tomatoes. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- To make the basil vinaigrette, combine the basil, mustard and Pompeian Organic Red Wine Vinegar in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until basil is shredded into small pieces. Add the Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a slow stream with the food processor still running. Season to taste with salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes.
- In a large bowl, toss the lentils with the zucchini ragout. Drizzle with the basil vinaigrette and top with a dollop of the ricotta. Serve warm.
A true 30-minute meal, these lentil bowls are perfect for healthy weeknight eating. Green lentils are tossed with a garlicky zucchini ragout and then topped with a vibrant basil vinaigrette and a dollop of creamy ricotta.
Author: Eats Well With Others