Brussels Sprout and Kale Salad
For the Salad:
- 2 bunches of Tuscan kale, julienned (center stems discarded)
- 1 lb. brussels sprouts, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped toasted almonds
- 1 cup grated parmesan or asiago
For the Lemon Dressing:
- 1 shallot, peeled and chopped finely
- 1 bunch curly parsley, stems removed
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 Tablespoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 cup Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- In a bowl or food processor, combine the shallots, parsley, lemon juice, and salt. With the motor running, add in the Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil slowly and add pepper to taste.
- Combine the kale, brussels sprouts, parmesan, and almonds together and slowly toss the salad mixture with the lemon dressing until all components are combined.
Author: Sara Haven