Citrus Salad with Pomegranate Vinaigrette
- Sea salt or kosher salt, and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds (optional)
- 1/4 cup Pompeian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup walnut halves
- 1-1/2 Tbsp. shallots, chopped
- 2 large endives, sliced crosswise in 1/2-inch strips
- 2 navel oranges, peeled and sliced
- 2 tsp. grated orange zest
- 2 tsp. snipped chives
- 3 Tbsp. pomegranate juice
- 3 Tbsp. Pompeian Balsamic Vinegar
- 6 cups baby arugula (4 oz.)
- Preheat oven to 400˚ F.
- Toast walnuts on small baking sheet in oven for 7-8 minutes or just until browned. Allow to cool.
- Toss arugula and endive together and arrange on a shallow platter. Place orange slices over salad. Coarsely chop walnuts and scatter over orange slices, along with pomegranate seeds. Sprinkle with chives.
- Combine vinaigrette ingredients in small bowl. Stir with wire whisk to blend and drizzle over salad.