Grilled Veggie Cobb Salad
- 1 bunch of romaine lettuce
- 1 zucchini
- 1 yellow squash
- 8 oz. mini Portobello mushrooms
- 1 cup yellow cherry tomatoes
- 2 hard boiled eggs, sliced
- 4 oz. crumbled feta cheese
- 2 Tbsp. Pompeian Organic Red Wine Vinegar
- Stone ground mustard
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Splash of fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. fresh tarragon
- 1 Tbsp. fresh dill
- Tofu croutons (optional)
1. Preheat an outdoor grill to medium heat. Slice squash and zucchini and place on the grill along with mushrooms. Grill vegetables over medium heat for 3-4 minutes per side or until slightly soft. Remove and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine romaine, vegetables, cherry tomatoes, hard boil eggs and feta.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the Pompeian Organic Red Wine Vinegar, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper, Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil and herbs. Drizzle dressing over salad tossing to coat. If using, add tofu croutons.
For the tofu:
1. Wrap 1 package of extra firm tofu in paper towels and set on a plate.
2. Place another plate or a skillet on the tofu and allow it to drain for 30 minutes.
3. When ready, preheat oven to 400*F degrees.
4. Cut tofu into cubes, toss with a tablespoon of Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil, one clove of minced garlic and salt and pepper.
5. Bake for 40 minutes, turning often.
Author: Lemons for Lulu
This recipe is a lean version of a good Cobb salad, which features good for you grilled veggies, eggs and simple herb vinaigrette.