Orzo, Olive And Feta Salad Tossed With A Parsley Dressing
- 2 to 3 Tbsp. Pompeian Balsamic Vinegar Pomegranate Infused
- 5 Tbsp. Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 medium garlic cloves, peeled and mashed
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced orange or yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup pitted Calamata olives, cut in half
- Coarse salt and coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/2 lb. orzo, preferably imported
- 1 cup diced feta cheese
- 1-1/2 cups grape tomatoes or small cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1-1/2 Tbsp. Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1-1/2 Tbsp. minced fresh parsley
- In a large serving bowl, combine 2 tablespoons of the Pompeian Balsamic Vinegar Pomegranate Infused, the Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil and the garlic and whisk until well blended and creamy. Add the parsley, bell peppers and olives, season with salt and lots of black pepper and set aside.
- Bring plenty of salted water to a boil in a large pot. Add the orzo and cook until just tender, “al dente”. Drain well and while still warm, add to the bowl with the dressing and toss gently but thoroughly. Fold in the feta, cover and chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
- While the salad is chilling, prepare the garnish: In a small serving bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the garnish and season highly with black pepper only. Do not salt the tomatoes. Set aside.
- Taste the salad and correct the seasoning, adding the remaining Pompeian Balsamic Vinegar Pomegranate Infused, if necessary. Serve the salad slightly chilled, topped with a spoonful of the tomato garnish.