Sorghum Tabouli Salad
- 1 cup sorghum grain
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cups chopped parsley
- 1 cup watercress
- 1/2 cup sweet baby sorrel leaves
For the pickled cucumber & radish:
- 4 Persian cucumbers, sliced in rounds
- 1 cup sliced radish
- 1 cup Pompeian Organic Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
For the dressing:
- 6 tablespoons Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 tablespoons Pompeian Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 teaspoons grainy mustard
- 2 teaspoons salt
1. Whisk Pompeian Organic Red Wine Vinegar and sugar in a bowl or jar and add the cucumber and radish slices. Let sit out on counter while preparing the sorghum.
2. Rinse the sorghum grain.
3. In a medium saucepan with a tight fitting lid, combine grain and broth. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until tender for about 1 hour.
4. Drain excess broth and lay cooked grain on baking sheet. Drizzle with Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil and let cool.
5. In a large salad bowl, make dressing by whisking Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Pompeian Organic Apple Cider Vinegar, maple syrup, grainy mustard and salt.
6. Toss the cooled cooked sorghum, chopped parsley, watercress, pickled cucumber and radish and sorrel leaves.