Crispy Sweet Potato Fries With Beet Ketchup
- 2 medium beets, scrubbed
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray
- 1 Tbsp. tapioca starch or cornstarch
- 1 tsp. salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. onion powder, divided
- 1 tsp. garlic powder, divided
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper, divided
- 1/2 cup & 1 Tbsp. Pompeian Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 1/4 tsp. ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
1. Preheat oven to 375*F. Individually wrap beets in foil, then place on a baking sheet. Bake for 45-50 minutes.
2. Slice sweet potatoes into 1/4" fries. Place in a bowl of cold water and let sit for at least 30 minutes. When the potatoes are done soaking, drain and pat completely dry.
3. Remove beets from oven. Once cool, remove the peel from the beets.
4. Heat oven to 400*F.
5. Arrange sweet potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet. Mist with Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray, then toss.
6. In a small bowl, add starch, 1/2 teaspoon salt, paprika, 1/2 teaspoon onion powder, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Mix well. Sprinkle mixture onto sweet potatoes, then toss until evenly coated.
7. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until crispy.
8. In a blender, add cooked beets, Pompeian Organic Apple Cider Vinegar, dates, 1/2 teaspoon onion powder, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, allspice, cloves and ginger. Blend until smooth.
9. Serve sweet potato fries with beet ketchup.
Author: Emilie Eats
These extra Crispy Sweet Potato Fries dipped in tangy beet ketchup are the perfect addition to any dinner plate! A delicious vegan & gluten-free side dish.