Kimchi Fried Rice
For the Fried Rice:
- Pompeian Avocado Oil Spray
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 medium carrots, diced (about 1 cup)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 cup shelled edamame, thawed if from frozen
- 1 cup green peas
- 1 cup kimchi (chop large chunks)
- 2 Tablespoons kimchi juice (from the jar of kimchi)
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup green onions, sliced
For the Tofu:
- 1 14 oz. package extra-firm tofu, drained and pressed
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon kala namak (black salt)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Generously grease a large wok or skillet with Pompeian Avocado Oil Spray
- Place over medium heat. Add onion; cook for 5-7 minutes, until slightly tender. Add carrots and stir; cook for 8-10 minutes, until vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook for 1 minute, stirring.
- Add edamame, peas, kimchi, and kimchi juice. Stir to combine; cook for 5 minutes, until all vegetables are heated through. Add rice. Fold vegetables into rice and cook for 3-5 minutes, until rice is heated through. Add soy sauce; stir.
- Cut tofu into thin slices, then cut the slices in half. Place in a medium bowl. Add kimchi juice, turmeric, salt, and pepper; toss to coat tofu evenly.
- Generously grease a medium skillet with Pompeian Avocado Oil Spray.
- Place over medium heat. Add tofu slices; cook for 5 minutes on each side, until crispy on the edges.
- Serve fried rice with a few slices of tofu, a garnish of green onions, and extra kimchi.
Author: Emilie Eats