Millet Pancakes with Balsamic Berry Compote
For the berry compote:
- 1 cup strawberries, hulled and diced
- 1 cup raspberries
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Pompeian Organic Balsamic Vinegar
For the millet pancakes:
- 2 cups millet flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1. Make the berry compote: In a medium saucepan combine strawberries, raspberries, sugar, maple syrup and Pompeian Organic Balsamic Vinegar. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer for about 30 minutes, until desired thickness. Serve warm or at room temperature.
2. For Pancakes: Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl and stir to combine.
3. In a separate bowl, combine wet ingredients (apple sauce, egg, Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil, milk and vanilla).
4. Working in batches, pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and whisk until well combined. Let rest at room temperature for 15 minutes.
5. Heat a medium non-stick skillet at medium heat and spray with Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray. Pour 1/4 cup of batter and cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side until golden on each side.
6. Serve with berry compote and more maple syrup.