Olive Oil Seed & Nut Bread
- 3⁄4 cup almond flour
- 3⁄4 cup hemp hearts
- 1 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1⁄2 cup chia seeds
- 1⁄2 cup golden flax seeds
- 1⁄2 cup psyllium husks (whole)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups warm water
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F and line a standard sized loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Place the almond flour, hemp hearts, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, flax seeds, psyllium husks and salt in a mixing bowl and toss together.
- Pour in the water, Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and maple syrup and stir everything together. Let the mixture sit for 3 minutes to thicken.
- Once the mixture has thickened into a moldable mass, scoop it into the prepared loaf pan and press down firmly, leveling and smoothing the top.
- Bake the loaf for 45 minutes in the preheated oven.
- After 45 minutes, remove from the oven and lift the loaf out of the pan by pulling up the sides of the parchment paper. Flip the loaf over so that the bottom is facing up. Then, place the flipped loaf back on the parchment lined baking sheet and bake again for an additional 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, remove the loaf from the oven and flip it back over to let it cool completely.
- Once the loaf is totally cool, cut it into 24 slices. Note, wait until the load is completely cooled to ensure that it slices well.
- To serve, toast slices of bread in a toaster until golden brown and nutty smelling. Top with cream cheese scallion spread, sliced avocados, fresh ground pepper, salt, and a healthy drizzle of Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Author: The Kitchen McCabe