Red Cabbage Sauerkraut
- Cut off the stem end of the cabbage. Cut the cabbage in half and cut out the core from each half.
- Thinly slice the remaining cabbage.
- Thinly slice the onion.
- Heat the Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until softened, 3 minutes.
- Add the cabbage, Pompeian Organic Apple Cider Vinegar, water, 2 teaspoons of the salt, sugar and caraway seeds (if using).
- Increase heat to high. Use tongs to stir well. Cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining teaspoon of salt. Stir. Cook and stir until cabbage is wilted a bit but still has some texture, another 3-4 minutes.
- Drain off liquid and serve hot or cold.
Author: Cook the Story