Roasted Root Vegetables with Carrot Top Chimichurri
For the Vegetables:
- Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 medium beets
- 2 medium parsnips
- 1 bunch carrots (save tops for chimichurri)
- Salt and pepper
For the Chimichurri:
- 1 cup carrot tops, chopped
- 1 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Tablespoons Pompeian Organic Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Lightly grease two baking sheets with Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray.
- Slice all vegetables into 1/4-inch slices. Arrange in a single layer on the baking sheets. Lightly spray with the Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray; season with salt and pepper. Bake for 35 minutes, until all vegetables are cooked through.
- In a food processor, add all chimichurri ingredients. Pulse a few times to combine, but don’t puree; you want the sauce to have a chunky texture.
- Serve the roasted vegetables on a serving platter topped with the chimichurri sauce.
Author: Emilie Eats