Roasted Root Veggies
- 1/4 cup Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 1 - 1-1/2 inch chunks
- 1/2 pound (about 1-1/2 cups) large Brussels sprouts, outer leaves removed and halved
- 1 pound (about 4-1/2 cups) baby red potatoes, halved or quartered
- 1 large red onion, halved and cut into thick 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound (about 1-1/4 cup) sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch thick slices
- 3/4 tablespoon dried oregano
- 3/4 tablespoon dried crushed rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Freshly cracked pepper and sea salt
- Optional: fresh herbs such as thyme or parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grab a large (11x17-inch) or 2 smaller sheet pans and set aside.
- Prepare the veggies: peel the carrots and cut into large chunks (if they are thick do 1 inch chunks, if they are thinner do 1-1/2 inch chunks), remove the outer leaves of the brussels and halve them, halve the baby red potatoes (quarter especially large ones), halve the red onion and cut into thick 1-inch pieces, peel the sweet potato(s) and cut into large 1-1/2 inch chunks/slices.
- Place all the prepared vegetables in one even layer (do not overlap or you'll steam the veggies instead of roasting them) on the prepared baking sheet(s) and add the oregano, rosemary, thyme and basil. Add salt and pepper to taste (I add about 1/2 teaspoon sea salt and about 3/4 teaspoon pepper). Add the Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil and toss well, evenly coating all the vegetables with the seasonings and oil. (Add 1-2 more tablespoons of oil if the vegetables seem dry.)
- Place on middle rack in oven and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, flipping the veggies 20 minutes into baking time.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy immediately.
Author: Chelsea’s Messy Apron