Salt & Vinegar Smashed Potatoes
- 1 pound baby red potatoes, washed and dried
- 1 cup Pompeian Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 cups water + more as needed to fully submerge potatoes
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Pompeian Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- salt, pepper and more vinegar for drizzling
- chives, for topping
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and line a baking sheet with a silicone mat.
- Add potatoes to a large stock pot, cover with Pompeian Organic Apple Cider Vinegar, water and salt.
- Bring to a simmer and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 15-25 minutes. Drain and let sit until cool enough to handle.
- Place slightly cooled potatoes onto prepared baking sheet. Press down on the potatoes with a small glass to smash them.
- Drizzle with melted butter, Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Pompeian Organic Apple Cider Vinegar.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in preheated oven until the bottoms of the potatoes begin to crisp, about 20 minutes.
- Taste and season with more salt, pepper, and vinegar, to taste. Top with chives to serve.
Source: Show Me The Yummy