Seasoned Pickled Red Onions
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 2 cups thinly sliced red onion (about 1 large onion)
- 1 cup Pompeian Organic Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 6 whole black peppercorns
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 tbsp. Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tbsp. sugar
- Combine salt and onion in large mason jar. Let sit for 15 minutes.
- Add in rest of the ingredients.
- Shake well.
- Chill in fridge for at least 4 hours.
Author: Show Me The Yummy
Super quick and easy to make, pickled onions are the perfect topping for a summer sandwich, hot dog or burger!