Sorghum Grain Pilaf
- 1 tablespoon Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon fresh turmeric, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt + pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 2 cups uncooked sorghum grain
- 4 cups strong stock of your choice (I use chicken)
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds, pecans or pistachio nuts.
- zest of one lemon
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Add Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil to the inner pot of an electric pressure cooker and sauté onion, garlic, ginger, turmeric, salt and pepper for 5 minutes.
- Add bay leaf, cinnamon, sorghum grain and stock. Stir, close the lid and cook on "Manual" for 18 minutes on high pressure.
- Let the pressure release naturally and open the lid. Stir in raisins, nuts, zest and parsley. Season to taste and serve!
Source: The Daley Plate