Sweet and Sour Glazed Turnips and Carrots
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water or chicken broth
- 1-1/2 Tbsp. Pompeian Pomegranate Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Pompeian OlivExtra
- 3 large carrots, about 1 lb., peeled and cut into thick matchsticks
- 3 medium size turnips, about 1 lb., peeled and cut into thick matchsticks
1. Heat the Pompeian OlivExtra in 10-inch non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the turnips and carrots, sprinkle with the sugar and shake the pan back and forth until the vegetables are lightly browned.
2. Add the Pompeian Pomegranate Balsamic Vinegar and reduce to a glaze. Season the vegetables with salt and pepper. Reduce the heat, add the water or broth and simmer, partially covered, until just tender, about 4 to 6 minutes. If any juices remain, remove the cover, raise the heat to high and cook quickly to reduce the juices to a glaze. Serve hot, sprinkled with minced parsley and a good grinding of black pepper.