Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash
- 1-2 Tablespoons Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/4 green pepper
- 1/4 red pepper
- 1/4 small onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup packed fresh spinach
- 2-3 large eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Hot sauce or Salsa (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat your olive oil in an oven safe skillet (I like cast iron) over medium heat. Add your sweet potatoes and cook 5 minutes, stirring occassionally.
- Stir in the green pepper, red pepper, and onion. Continue to cook an additional 5 minutes or until all of the vegetables are soft. Stir in your garlic and spinach and season with salt and pepper.
- Crack 2-3 eggs over your vegetables. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Bake 10-15 minutes or until the eggs are just set. Make sure to watch closely to avoid over cooking.
- Serve with hot sauce or salsa if desired.
Author: One Sweet Appetite