Turmeric Baked Falafel
- 2 15 oz. cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, roughly chopped
- 4 garlic cloves
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp. Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus more for greasing the pan
- 1 tbsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash of cayenne pepper (optional)
- ½ cup oat flour
- For salads & pita sandwiches: greens, whole wheat pita, tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion, olives, parsley, hummus, tahini or vegan tzatziki
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a baking sheet with Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- In the bowl of a food processor, add chickpeas, cilantro, parsley, onion and garlic. Pulse until chopped and well-combined, with some chunky texture.
- Add lemon juice, Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, cumin, turmeric, salt and cayenne pepper. Pulse a few times to combine.
- Add oat flour, starting with ½ cup. Pulse until a firm dough forms, adding more oat flour if necessary.
- Form 14 – 16 balls of dough, flatten them with your hands and place on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then flip. Bake for another 15 minutes.
- Optional: Broil on low for 5 minutes to get falafel extra crispy.
- Serve falafel on top of salad or in a pita sandwich!
Add a pop of color to your Mediterranean dishes with this easy Turmeric Baked Falafel! The perfect addition to salad, bowls or pita sandwiches. Vegan & gluten-free!
Author: Emilie Eats