Creamy Cashew Cardamom Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews
- 2 small butternut squash
- 1/4 cup Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 5 cardamom pods
- 1/2 tsp salt
- ciabatta, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- pepitas, roasted and salted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat a large pot or kettle of water over high heat until boiling.
- Cut your butternut squash in half and remove the seeds. Drizzle with a little Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake on a baking sheet open face up, for 1 hour.
- Add your raw cashews to a large bowl and cover with boiling water. Let soak for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, drain and rinse your cashews and add them to a blender.
- Scoop out the "meat" of the squash from the skin and add it to your blender as well.
- Pour olive oil, vegetable stock, cardamom pods, and salt into the blender.
- Blend on high until smooth.
- Heat a small skillet with Pompeian Extra Virgin Olive Oil over medium heat. Add your ciabatta slices and toast each side until golden brown.
- Pour your soup into a bowl and top with olive oil croutons and pepita seeds.
Source: Brewing Happiness