Simple Tomato, White Bean & Greens Soup
- 3 tbsp. Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp. salted butter
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- kosher salt, to taste
- 3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tsp. minced fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cups raw cashews
- 1 (28-oz.) can diced tomatoes and their juices
- 2 1/2 cups vegan “chicken" broth or chicken broth
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 can Cannelini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 packed cup baby spinach
- salt and pepper taste
- drizzle of Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Maldon salt
- fresh minced thyme and rosemary
- red pepper flakes
- Place a deep pot over medium heat and add the Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil and butter.
- Once the butter has melted add the onion and a generous pinch of salt then sauté 4 – 5 minutes until the onions are translucent.
- Add the garlic, thyme, rosemary and cashews to the pot and sauté for another minute until aromatic.
- Add the can of tomatoes and the broth to the pot and increase the heat to medium-high. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally then reduce to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool just slightly before blending. Transfer the soup to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Transfer back to the pot over medium heat and add the lemon juice, white beans and spinach. Heat for just a minute or so, stirring, until the spinach wilts into the soup.
- Serve immediately in individual bowls topped with a drizzle of Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil and a sprinkling of Maldon salt, fresh herbs and red pepper flakes.
Tomato, White Bean & Greens Soup that comes together in just about 30 minutes. This one is sure to fill your belly and warm your spirit even on the chilliest of evenings!
Author: This Mess Is Ours