Sweet Potato Soup
- 2 tablespoons Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 package (13 ounces) smoked hardwood turkey sausage, coined
- 1 large orange or purple fleshed sweet potato, diced
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 3 cups kale
Optional: freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Add the Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil to a large pot or dutch over over medium heat. Once the oil is shimmering, add in the diced onion and cook for about 5 minutes. Add in the smoked and coined sausage and cook for another 3 – 5 minutes.
- Add in the diced sweet potato, drained and rinsed black beans, minced garlic and all of the seasonings.
- Cook over medium high heat for another 5 – 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the chicken stock and bring the soup to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook until the sweet potato is tender, about 10 – 15 minutes. Taste and adjust for any seasonings (add more salt, pepper, or some more heat with chili powder as desired). Add in the kale and stir for another minute until it has wilted.
- Serve the soup in bowls and add a small handful of parmesan cheese as desired. Enjoy immediately.
Source: Chelsea’s Messy Apron