Zesty Lemon-Herb Marinade
- 1 cup Pompeian Picholine Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Juice and zest of one medium lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 large sprig each of fresh rosemary, thyme, and oregano
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Chicken or fish, to marinate
- Salt, to taste
1. Place the chicken or fish in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together Pompeian Picholine Extra Virgin Olive Oil, lemon juice and zest, and garlic; pour over chicken, making sure all pieces are coated. Add the bay leaf and herbs to the bowl and press onto chicken or fish. Cover and refrigerate at least one hour. Remove from marinade and grill chicken or fish, sprinkling with salt before grilling.
To serve, squeeze fresh lemon over the chicken or fish and drizzle with additional Pompeian Picholine Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Garnish with additional fresh herbs.